• What data do we collect?
• How do we collect your data?
• How will we use your data?
• How do we store your data?
• What are your data protection rights?
• What are cookies?
• What types of cookies do we use?
• How to manage your cookies
• Privacy policies of other websites
• How to contact us
• How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Uke Universe collects the following data:
• Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, billing address. This information will be asked in our checkout page. This information might be used to provide status updates of their orders, enhancing their shopping experience and offering relevant products/services.
• We occasionally also send out newsletters to our subscribers. subscribers can withdraw their consent request and the removal of all information held by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Uke Universe with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
• Register online or place an order for any of our products .
• Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
• Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
Uke Universe collects your data so that we can:
• Process your order and manage your account.
• Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
• We do not keep your credit/ debit card information on file
• We use Third Party Services Where necessary for the running of our business for example payment portals with Paypal/Stripe and Royal Mail for shipping, we may share only relevant data with these third parties. Please see below for details of each third party service that we use and a description of how we use them in the administration of our business and website.
• We do not share your data with third party companies unless you are informed.
• When Uke Universe processes your order, it may send your data to Stripe or Paypal, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
If you agree, we will share your data only with the following companies whose platforms we use.
• Woocommerce – Our website is created on Woocommerce hence Woocommerce collects data as a result of this
• Google analytics – We have integrated Google Analytics to understand website usage behaviour
How do we store your data?
We use an external provider to run our store, WooCommerce who safely secure all data. Uke Universe will keep your personal details for 1 year. After 1 year we will contact you to see if you want us to keep your data, i.e. newsletters or to delete the data. We will use a 3rd party company to delete all data.
Uke Universe would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Uke Universe from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Uke Universe.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
What are your data protection rights?
Uke Universe would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Uke Universe for copies of your personal data. We will not charge for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Uke Universe correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Uke Universe to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Uke Universe erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Uke Universe restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Uke Universe’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Uke Universe transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Call us at: +447709194169
Or write to us: email@example.com
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
• Keeping you signed in
• Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
• Functionality – Uke Universe uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
• Advertising – Uke Universe uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Uke Universe sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us ?
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: +447709194169
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website <a href=”https://ico.org.uk/”>https://ico.org.uk/</a>